Tag Archive | barracks

L’Ecole Minckeler (Belgium)

Small abandoned school consisting of a few barracks. Some parts of the school are being occupied by squatters.

abandoned, architecture, belgique, belgium, decay, exploration, photography, urban, urban exploration, urbex, ecole, minckeler, school, barracks, squatters

Read More…

KTA (Belgium)

Abandoned technical college. The school had to move to new, more modern, facilities close by. The buildings will be reconverted into lofts soon and the barracks demolished. The nice collection of dusty Commodore 64’s will probably end up in a recycling container.

Read More…

Ulanenkaserne (Germany)

The army barracks of the Ulanenkaserne were built in 1890. Nowadays these beautiful buildings are being renovated into lofts.

abandoned, architecture, deutschland, germany, decay, exploration, photography, urban, urban exploration, urbex, military, caserne, kaserne, kazerne, ulanenkaserne, army, barracks

Read More…

Le Kot M (Belgium)

Once a Dominican Monastery with school, dating back to the 17th century, these buildings later became army barracks during the French Revolution. Later on, the buildings served even more different purposes, from a cotton factory to a brewery, storage building for the National Railways and a basket weaving company. In its final years, before it became abandoned, the building was once again a school, this time a technical college. Nowadays the buildings are protected and are being renovated.

abandoned, architecture, belgique, belgium, decay, exploration, photography, urban, urban exploration, urbex, Le, Kot, M, Dominican, Monastery, school, 17th, century, army, barracks, French, Revolution, cotton, factory, brewery, storage, building, National, Railways, basket, weaving, company, technical, college

Read More…

Camp Gabrielle Petit (Germany)

German military camp which fell into Belgian and English hands. The camp was used for distribution. It got abandoned in the early 90’s when the Belgian army left.

Read More…

Kwartier B (Belgium)

25 barracks used by the Belgian Air Force. The army left the place in 1996.