Neo gothic monastery with a grand chapel. The chapel was built around 1900. As the grounds were handed over to the adjacent school, around the turn of the 21st century, plans were made to tear the chapel down and build a new school on its grounds. The city council did not object to these plans. However, recently the institute for architecture- and building conservation advised the city council to protect the chapel as well as the beautiful monastery gardens.
This monastery with adjoining church was constructed in the early twentieth century (around the 1930s) by a catholic religious order on the site of a derelict castle (which was demolished to allow the construction of the monastère). Reconversion plans have already been drafted for this building.
Abandoned monastery dating back to the 16th century. The old convent, once owned by the Jesuits, was taken over by the community of Pain de Vie (Bread of Life). In 2007 a fire destroyed a big part of the buildings. In 2009 a new fire – and this time it wasn’t an accident – hit the convent once again. The damages were so big this time that the monastery had to be left abandoned.