Well hidden in a remote location amid the fields of a quaint little village in Belgium, one can find the small villa ‘Maison Chez Fien’. This austere little dwelling was abandoned in a hurry. Stuffed with slowly decaying household equipment, pottery, glassware and books, it acts as an untouched witness of times past.
Abandoned large farm house in a quaint village in the outskirts of the city of Luxembourg. The stucco detailing and fine craftsmanship of the wall and ceiling decorations give the villa a sophisticated feel. On the first floor, newspapers and calendars dating back to the 1930s adorn the untouched bedroom, which features not only religious statues, but also the obligatory bedroom-wall-cross.
In 1905 architect Jozef August Jacobs got assigned to design a glass factory and manor-house right next to the Belgium-Netherlands border. Jacobs was the first inhabitant of the house as he became head of the factory. He later started a phosphate factory in the surroundings too. After WW2 and the difficulties with the border, things started to turn bad. In 1927 Jacobs leaves the manor-house and moves to Ghent. The new owner of the house, Bel, only stayed in it for a short period. Afterwards the place was used by Boy Scouts, until it got abandoned in 1951.