This Reichsbahnausbesserungswerk (RAW), a large workshop where locomotives were repaired and serviced, dates back to the 1890s. The impressive maintenance hall with no less than 45 tracks makes it one of Germany’s largest RAW’s. The workshop even had its own small power station. Nowadays the offices, the repair- and maintenance halls and the power station are left to rot.
Kabelwerk K used to be one of the largest cable producing factories in Germany. Around 1918 the company expanded with a repair department for high voltage electricity cables. Over the years the company grew bigger and bigger as many other production lines were added. When the UdSSR government handed the factory over to the DDR government after WW2, the buildings eventually became abandoned.