The sanatorium was built in the early 1900s in a typical German Fachwerkbau (timber-frame) – style. Built in a green, rural environment, patients with lung diseases were treated here in optimal environmental conditions for more than 80 years until the sanatorium closed its doors.
TBC sanatorium, built around 1900. The whole complex consisted of 60 buildings in a green environment and could accommodate 1200 patients. After WW2 the Russian Army took over the place and it became the best equipped military hospital outside the Soviet Union. In 1994 the Russian army left the facilities.