Tag Archive | Sisters

Mother of Saviour (Belgium)

In 1915 a beautiful park was handed over to the university hospital by a noble family. The university hospital, together with the Catholic Sisters of Mercy, started a neuro-psychiatric clinic in the ‘English garden’- styled park in 1927. In 1997 the university left, leaving the buildings and park abandoned.

Read More…

Advertisements

La Pommeraye (Netherlands)

The monastery was built around 1900 by Dominican Sisters. Through the years it became a rest home for nuns, got sold to other Sisters and became a day-care center for disabled kids, until it got abandoned.

Read More…