The old brewery was built in the 1870-80’s. The malting plant was added in the late 1890’s. After WW2 the beer production stopped and since then the buildings have been used for various other businesses. A sports association has built sports halls, a sauna and even a bowling alley in the old brewery. Later a big bar with dance halls was added. Nowadays a big part of the Brauhaus has been reconverted to make place for offices.
Built in 1934, the Olympic village comprises of 150 buildings (including a swimming pool, soccer field, athletics field, gym hall, theatre, etc.). Over 4000 athletes of 50 nations stayed at the village which later became an infantry school and residence for Russian officers.