Abandoned windmill annex bowling alley. The original mill was bombed during the Second World War and was reconstructed on the exact same spot once the war ended. Soon after, the mill lost its function and became a gimmicky part of the tavern built right next to it. Over the years, the tavern was transformed into a full-scale bowling alley. Around the turn of the 21st century, a new owner aspired to convert the complex into a casino, but, when the permits weren’t granted, the bowling alley and windmill became abandoned.
Ruins of a once prestigious castle built in 1302 by the Lords of Haneffe. In the 15th century, the Counts of La Marck acquire the chateau by marriage. At the end of the 15th century the famous William of La Marck owns the castle. During the civil war against the Prince-Bishop John of Hornes, he often sought refuge in the Chateau. The castle stayed in the hands of the La Marck family during the Wars of Religion against the Spanish occupier and was besieged in 1568 by Prince-Bishop John of Groesbeeck, who had been attacked by the troops of William of Orange. When the last Countess of the La Marck family marries the Duke Charles of Arenberg, the family loses the castle in 1774. After the French Revolution, the castle was sold to the Counts of Oultremont in 1812. In 1869, the chateau burnt down and was reconstructed. Several decades later, it became abandoned.